- 1/2 kg fresh prawns, rinsed, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup plain lowfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 whole green cardamom, crushed
- 2 tablespoons freshly minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 1 tablespoon tumeric
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt to taste
Place prawns in a shallow baking dish. In a large bowl, mix remaining ingredients together.
Pour half the sauce mixture over the prawns, completely coating them. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
Grill prawns over hot coals or on a wire rack in a baking pan in a preheated 350°F / 180 C oven until they turn pink, about 5 minutes on each side.
Brush the remaining sauce mixture onto the prawns as they cook.Serve promptly on a bed of rice