Friday, January 14, 2011

Some of the things I've learned in the past year

... and this is in no particular order...

Wine is good for the soul  (enjoy as much of it as possible)
Discovering something "new" is a good thing
Surprises are good (unless it's cancer)
Ironing is for the birds (and I ain't no bird)
The meaning of life is ... the amount of  MEANING that you put into life
The people I work with are pretty interesting
People will dissappoint you no matter what (deal with it and get over it)
Change is a constant (nothing ever stays the same forever)
Even Peter Pan has to grow up...  (.... eventually....)
People will try to keep up with the Jones's just to fall flat on their face because they could not keep up with the payments. (Eish - and it was such a nice Mercedez)
I think I've been pretty close to an emotional meltdown a couple of times this year.
At times I just felt completely emotionally detached and at times it felt like my heart was just bleeding empty.
So..... I'm glad it is 2011! Finally!
I have litterally turned over a new leaf.
I am  starting over and I'm doing it my way.
I have officially started my 4 year action plan (two weeks ago)
And don't ask me why, I'm doing it because I CAN.
I have never and I will never dance to anyone else's tune.
If you want me to be your little "puppet-on-a-string", I've got news for you.
This year I am going all the way to get what I want, when I want it and as much of it as I want.
I am responsible for my own success, no-one else is.
Now for those that know me well enough (I hope), my plan does not involve any world domination.
My plan includes finding myself (yip, I lost myself somehow), finding direction (GPS does not apply here), finding the guts and then finding the time - all with the express purpose of getting myself somewhere flippen better than here (in 4 year's time).
Oh, and another thing, I've managed to find my stomach muscles after years of hiding and inactivity (I still can't see them, but I can sure as HELL feel them. I thought I have lost them years ago when I lost myself.
Yip, Like sands through the hour glass, so is the days of our lives.
Now why does that sound strangely familiar? Oh well, seems like I lost my mind as well amongst other things mentioned above.
So, it's time for me to call it a day.
TGIF! The weekend is here and I have things to do and places to be.
But don't worry friends, I'll be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add comments here