Sunday, February 13, 2011

DUCKS

Why do Christians-especially active Christians-sometimes seem to
have more than their share of troubles?



This little story explains.

… John and Sam were friends. One day, John asked, “Sam, how come you’re a Christian and yet you have all these troubles and trials and tribulations? Here I don’t even believe in God, and yet I don’t have as nearly much trouble as you do!”
 
“Well, John, I don’t know. I guess I’ll have to think awhile before I can answer that one,” Sam answered.
 
A few days later the two went duck hunting. John shot into a flock of ducks, and several fell into the shallow water of the pond from where they had just flown. Some of them were dead, but others were just wounded. John knew from experience that sometimes the wounded ducks will get up and fly off again if you don’t grab them quickly. So, as Sam ran to the spot where the ducks had fallen, John called out, “Bag the live ones! Bag the live ones! Don’t worry about the dead ones! You can
collect them later!”
 
When Sam came back with the ducks, he had a smile on his face.

“I think I’ve got the answer to your question!” he said. “You see, I’m a live one! The Devil is afraid I’m going to get away, so he tries to bag me first. You … well, you’re a dead one. He’s already got you, so he’s not a bit worried about what you’re going to do!”
 
And that’s just the way it is with us. The Devil can’t get us back once we’re saved – we’re the Lord’s forever! But he sure tries hard to keep us from being active Christians. But don’t let his attacks slow
you down or hinder you, because if you keep persevering, you’ll win the battle and receive the reward that the Lord has waiting for you!

Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add comments here